Out of concern for the well-being and safety of our volunteers, site captains, and staff around the uncertainty of the weather impacts of Hurricane Ian across the entire region, we have decided to CANCEL The Catawba Riversweep on October 1st, 2022.
With safety as our number 1 priority, this decision was made due to the unpredictable conditions of rising water levels in lakes and creeks across the basin.
We are extremely disappointed to cancel this annual community-wide stewardship event that brings together so many organizations, partners, and volunteers and sheds awareness on the important mission of clean waterways in the Catawba-Wateree River Basin.
While we are canceling the largest single-day cleanup event in our region, we don’t want to lose the incredible momentum around keeping our local waterways litter-free! Here are other ways that you can get involved and still be a part of the Riversweep movement:
PUBLIC MONTHLY CLEANUP SERIES sponsored by Recover Join Catawba Riverkeeper for a cleanup on the following dates and locations across the basin in the upcoming months.
Riversweep t-shirts will be provided to volunteers at these events.
HOST YOUR OWN CLEANUP! Contact Riversweep@catawbariverkeeper.org to coordinate a volunteer-led cleanup with your group between now and December 31st as part of the Riversweep event. Catawba Riverkeeper will provide the cleanup supplies, you provide the cleanup power!
Riversweep t-shirts will be included in these supplies for you and your volunteers.
Thank you so much for your commitment to The Catawba Riversweep and SAVE THE DATE for October 7, 2023! Let’s continue the great work to make an impact on the health of OUR RIVER!
Each site has its own registration page. Follow the links to sign up for a site listed below.
- Hickory – Lake Hickory Marina & Boat Rental
- Hickory – Highland Recreation Center
- Taylorsville – Lake Hickory Scuba & Marina
- Conover – Big O’s Landing
- Troutman – Lake Norman State Park
- Mooresville – Pinnacle Access
- Denver – Beatty’s Ford Park
- Cornelius – Ramsey Creek Park
- Lake Norman Yacht Club – Private Group
Mountain Island Lake
- Gastonia – Catawba Creek at Lineberger Park
- Lowell – Riverview
- McAdenville – Greenway & Blueway Launch
- Cramerton – Goat Island Park
- Belmont – Kevin Loftin Riverfront Park
- Belmont – Catfish Cove
- Briar Creek at Eastover Park
- Briar Creek at Merry Oaks Neighborhood
- Little Sugar Creek at Alexander Street Park
- Little Sugar Creek at Freedom Park
- Irwin Creek at Revolution Park
- Mt. Holly – Tailrace Marina
- Belmont – Riverside Marina
- Belmont – Gaston Wildlife Club
- Belmont – Anchored Soul
- Belmont – Morningstar Marinas
- Charlotte – McDowell Nature Preserve
- Charlotte – Paw Creek at The Vineyards
- Lake Wylie – Buster Boyd Boat Ramp
- Lake Wylie – River Hills Marina
- Tega Cay – Tega Cay Marina
- Tega Cay – Nivens Creek Landing
- Rock Hill – Ebenezer Park
- Fort Mill – Lake Wylie Dam
Catawba River Below Lake Wylie
- Fort Mill – Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn
- Fort Mill – Anne Springs Close Greenway Stables
- Fort Mill – Anne Springs Close Greenway Railroad Trestle
- Fort Mill – Steel Creek – Elks Club – Private Group
- Fort Mill – Steele Creek Tributary at Bozeman Court
- Rock Hill – Riverwalk Access
- Lancaster – Lindsay Pettus Greenway
- Great Falls – Fishing Creek Access Area
- Great Falls – Fishing Creek Hydro
- Great Falls – Debutary Creek Access Area
- Great Falls – Rocky Creek Trail Trailhead
- Heath Springs – Stumpy Pond Access Area
- Great Falls – Cedar Creek Boat Landing
- Winnsboro – Wateree Creek Access Area
- Ridgeway – Taylor Creek Access Area
- Ridgeway – June Creek Access Area
- Ridgeway – Molly Creek Landing
- Camden – Clearwater Cove Marina
If you have a group (10 or more) that is interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All volunteers are invited to The Boathouse to celebrate! Enjoy games, local craft beer, soft drinks and a food truck! Come anytime after 11am.
Thank you to Tindol Subaru for sponsoring the after party!